Monday, October 30, 2017

Red White Blue Lightning

     I made this string quilt a while ago, but it has been sitting on a hanger waiting to be quilted. My grandson asked me for a quilt for his uncle Greg who is a veteran and coming to a Veteran Day Assembly at his grade school. Ethan chose this one and I quilted it in sort of a no nonsense, not fussy patterns. 
     The backing needed piecing because I wanted to stay with the RWB theme. I tried a bunch of layouts on my kitchen floor and sewed it up. I could not get any glamour shots because of the weather, so I will try for one outside when it improves. Sorry for the blurry front.





3 comments:

Donnie said...

Oh my. I made this exact pattern with a bright yellow background. It’s hanging in my stair well right now. Love them both.

And I saw your quilts in Old Forge. Both are lovely, but I especially like the scrappy yellow one. How did you learn that “made fabric”? Trial and error, class or tutorial online. I really like it. And the quilting was impressive.

Debbie said...

This looks great.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like that quilt.