Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A surprise tree of life

     A woman in my Sunday Bible class, brought me a top she found in her recently deceased mom's trunk. She had no idea who made it, but she thinks someone in her family. I have known the woman for a long time, so I said I would quilt it for her mom's sake. I hardly ever quilt for anyone. 
     When I got home, I took it outside to air and was delighted to see the beautiful tree of life in indigo fabrics (love, love indigo). It is all handsewn, but has a few small holes in the red and a few in the blue. Have to figure out how to mend it before I load it on the long arm. If I could find some Invisifil thread, the quilting would just add texture not color. I think I  will use an unbleached muslin backing or a bone color Kona.



5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful!! Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful find! The colors are wonderful. it does deserve to be finished. Don't have insight to repairs but know there are those who do them.

Dre in PA said...

Can we see some of the holes so we can offer advice?

Vicki W said...

What a treasure!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lovely! What a special family quilt she found.