Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Mounted and delivered

     The water lily left for the fiber art show along with another piece I made of small "cobblestones" to borrow from Wanda's quilts. The Cobblestone quilt is only 9" made of all the smallest of my scraps I use to sew "made fabric". Those little blocks took a while to get in order with lots of other rejects. The fish head with eye is my surprise element sitting in the bottom left box.
      Fiber art shows require work that has hook and wires, not sleeves, so I had to provide something for the quilts. The water lily quilt used a 12" canvas that I painted (probably unnecessarily). I sewed through the quilt and canvas and secured the stitching with 4 buttons on the back. In case I show these at a quilt show, I will probably have to remove the mounting. The small cobbletones were sewn on a mini pallet that I whitewashed with thin gesso. I drilled little holes, like a button, in the wood and sewed the quilt on.




Big stitch quilting with perle cotton




7 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the water lily!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your big stitching on the cobblestones was the perfect touch for them.

Debbie said...

Wonderful! I love the cobblestones and have made several types of them. Each one is so different. This small turned out great!

Sarah said...

I love how you mounted them. I would almost show them mounted at a quilt show as it adds another dimension to the art. Good luck at the show!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on the two finishes and entries in the show. Fingers crossed for you!

Mystic Quilter said...

So good to see the finished Water Lily - beautiful, and your Cobblestone is amazing at 9" square!!

Alice said...

I love your art's expression. Amazing, beautiful and unique.

blog website design services
cheap website design services
online shop design