What I did not keep in mind was that although one was quick and fun, four took a lot longer to sew. When it came to quilting them, I used a variegated rainbow thread. Each placemat took a bobbin of thread. Pretty crazy. I used a text fabric that showed art terms for the back and picked one of my crazy fabrics I like to use for binding. They are about 15" x 19". It took about 8 hours to make these. I should have made a wall quilt in the time it took.
|All pieces cut. Lots of auditioning to get fabrics right. |
For example, a dk green would not work with the others.
|Front all sewn before trimming|
|Seams sewn on back, opened up|
|Pinned for quilting on the 301|
|Quilted with variegated Isacord|