Tuesday, June 20, 2017

A glimpse of machine history... and quilts

     At the beginning of June, I went to the Genesee Valley Quilt Guild Show at the RIT fieldhouse in Rochester, NY. Among all the quilts were some machines on display by the guild. I was wowed to see in person, the precursor to the Singer Featherweight- 2 of them! They also had my beloved 301s on display as well as many others. I was so thrilled to see a display of these machines at the show. The Singer Featherweight Shop today had a timeline and history of the Featherweights which is terrific. 



      A couple of outstanding quilts from that show:
One block wonder escaping

Most pieces are under an inch, Yikes!






3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I'd love to have that green machine. How cool! I'd also love to have a black 301. Both mine are mocha. Great quilts, too. Thanks for the mini show.

Debbie said...

The machines are so cool.....wish I had space for one or all of them! The escaping one block wonder is a hoot!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a great idea to have a display of the older sewing machines. I don't think a lot of new quilters even think about the history of them.