Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

More Exploding Squares- on the fence

     I have made dozens of the exploding squares quilts with all different starting sizes and scraps. This one uses thin sashings- 1 1/2". I thought the squares were so busy that they needed some relief and I think I was right. I bought a large piece of fabric back at our quilt show in the fabric pool and it was perfect for the back. Someone just gave me a hunk of fabric last week that was perfect for the binding. Quilted with Glide on top and Omni in the bobbin.
    First the beauty shot- I draped it over my little rail fence and took advantage of a rare sun moment. Then I went to my neighbor's fence and shot the whole quilt, front and back.




     I have finished all the string blocks for the RWB zig zag lightning quilt. I used the Robert Kaufman app to figure out the size of the setting squares and corner squares and will be cutting them out of a blue mottled fabric.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful scraps turn this one into a wonder! Very nice photos too!
Pinning this to remember a good pattern to explore.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations on the finish - it looks great. And those zig zags - oh, my they are awesome!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I used the RK app to figure out how much binding I needed yesterday, while at the quilt store. I haven't used it except for binding and backings so far. Nice quilt!