Thursday, September 1, 2016

Little things

     In between doing big things, I have to do some little sewing ideas. A friend challenged me to use plaids and gave me some. Wanda has done great things with plaids. So, I tried flying geese and I am thinking a whole quilt of columns of flying geese. I sewed a 2 x 4 size and a 3 x 6 size, which I think is the size I will use. I used the Easy Angle Ruler and the Companion ruler with 3 1/2" strips for both pieces. There is no trimming needed when they are cut this way. I like that. And I got it accurate. I think that is the way I will go. Now, I need all sorts of plaids. I guess I will have to go to thrift stores and buy some shirts. This will be a long term project I think.

     A non quilting friend gave all her friends stamps as favors when we met at her house for lunch. She found a stamp for each of us according to our interests. She put it in a paper cup with chocolate. I just love my stamp! It is going on the back of all my cards that I make!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the larger flying geese are easier to keep accurate.

That is the perfect stamp for you!