Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Binding in Bunches

     Bunches of quilts, not bunchy binding. I find it easier to cut, make, and glue bindings in groups. I get warmed up and they turn out like I want. I do glue binding as seen in Sharon Schamber videos. I also machine sew it all, both sides. No apologies. It is on secure, neat, durable, and done. The machine I use to sew on bindings is a Singer 15-91. It has a potted motor and can sew through layers like butter. It is strong and steady.

Batik Rail Fence- dark green binding
A kit from Connecting Threads- I changed the pattern and borders. This comfort quilt went to a young woman in California who is battling aggressive melanoma. Her dad works with my husband.
An Emma's Star quilt ready for someone
Small Lemoyne Star with made fabric inspired by
Victoria Findlay Wolfe. The other blocks were found in a scrap bag someone gave me.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A job well done! I have to force my self to bind each one as I finish quilting or I might not ever go back and do it.