Monday, January 4, 2016

Goal lines

Not Niagara on the Lake, but where we cut down our tree the week before Christmas. Gray then also.
     My husband and I usually go away for at least a day between Christmas and New Year's to Niagara on the Lake in Canada just across the US border. It is just such a lovely little town. It sits on the Niagara River right at Lake Ontario. The architecture is so cozy and relaxing except for the McMansions. Normally I take a lot of photos, but it was totally dark and grey all day so no photos. When there, we go over all our goals for the past year, plan new ones and evaluate all areas of our life away from distractions. 
     Last year, my goals were guiding lines, but not all done. Comfort quilts are continuing to be made, but I have not found anyone else on board with me to make them. My mom continues to sew strips for me.
     I did poorly with art quilts. Because I want to make landscape quilts at least 3' x 4' without fusible, I am stalled and don't know how to proceed, so I didn't. Want to make denim and batik ones. 
    Blogging continued, but I want to do a better job- at least 3 times a week. I finished the mystery quilts except for the border I want to add on the guild one and Grand Illusions blocks were gratefully given away to Sarah Craig for her group to finish and give away. I made three quilt retreats, was in one show in Rochester, went to AQS Paducah (loved the city and show- never will ride a bus again) and the AQS show in Syracuse, NY.
    I made 2 leader ender quilts, learned new techniques from classes I took with Sujata Shah and John Kubiniec, completed a bow tie swap, cleaned people's vintage machines and kept up my own. I rescued a purple Kenmore and bought a hardly ever used Kenmore 158.1345. 
    Made a huge jump and bought a Nolting longarm, first a used one and then traded up to a new 20" one. 
     I was able to teach some workshops at my guild and helped make a lot of kids quilts for Camp Gold Star and Camp Purple. Cut lots and lots of scraps with my Stripology ruler.
     New goals coming up.

No comments: