After I took it off the wall in columns that I numbered with painters tape at the top and bottom, I took the piles and sewed them together, 1 to 2, 2 to 3, all the the way to 9. As a result I had a web of all the rows so I would not be able to mix them up. The web on the wall looked like some fabric installation in a funky gallery.
Then I had to press all the seams open as six will meet in one spot. That was slow. I started to sew the rows slowly. I do not pin, I go from one intersection to the other, meeting up the seams and using the Purple Thang to hold the layers together under the needle and foot, one intersection at a time. The last photo is a teaser of how the quilt will look.
Since it will be Thanksgiving and I have to cook and prep, I think this will sit undone for a while. I don't want to rush it and have to rip. Everything is lining up so nice now.
|Blocks stacked by column|
|Being sewn, column by column|
|Webbed blocks on the wall|
|Teaser, some rows sewn, not pressed yet|