Friday, October 9, 2015

New Block Starts


       The fabric I bought in Ithaca with the flowers, I have cut into making One Block Wonder. A friend got me started because I forgot how to do it (it was over 1 1/2 years ago). I have all the triangles cut out and made some sample blocks.

Triangle sets


     I also had made some strip pairs for my mom to sew. I am now cutting them with a triangle to make double hourglass. 
     These blocks, just the first from the strips are just made from two contrasting WOF strips sewn the long way and then I used the Companion ruler (it makes a nice blunt point for matching ends) to cut triangles out of the strip. I sewed four matching triangles together for a block.

2 comments:

Missy Shay said...

Those blocks are awesome!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the colors you are working with on both of these projects!