Sunday, October 25, 2015

Absolutely new!

     The hard thing about being a quilter is that is a lone profession most times. Thanks for reading, it makes a difference to me. 
      I made a hard decision to spend more money and upgrade my used Nolting inside the 6 month allowable window because I was struggling with the frame and the new Pro has adjustable handles that can come out in front of the machine. The new Nolting 20" Pro, in purple, came on Thursday. My dealer, Delightful Quilting and Sewing, dismantled the used one I bought and left a sparkling new machine in its place.
      I wanted to celebrate after sewing on it as it moves like melted butter and the handles take all the strain off my shoulders. However, no one I know even cares that I bought a new machine to show off what it can do. The cat did jump on the practice piece as I was working, but I don't think he was doing it out of excitement. I know I will be able to make lots of comfort quilts and hopefully some art  quilts. I am pretty excited.
The quilt, Little Boxes is first on the machine
It is all about those handles!


5 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I am happy for you, even though I am not close to you. ;)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like this one is a better choice.

Lara B. said...

Ooooh - that will be a lot of fun for you to play and work with Linda! Congratulations!

Elizabeth said...

Whoa. Nice machine. I am excited for you. I know you will love it.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Ooooh - a new toy!! Celebrate with your bloggy buddies - we care - and you can show off to us all you want - ;))