Monday, August 3, 2015

AQS Syracuse Quilt Week

     It is the first time AQS held a Quilt Week in Syracuse, 2 1/2 hours from my home. A friend of mine was willing to drive and go with me. We stayed over and went to the quilt show Thursday and Friday. I had been to AQS Paducah in April. Of course, Syracuse was smaller. There were some good things- like the rep from Nolting that I could talk to about my machine and try the handles on the new one and see and buy fabric that I had never seen.
    There were also some hiccups that I saw. The upstairs of the Oncenter Convention Center had a carpet that was one of the most yucky, dirty and stained I had ever seen. The lighting upstairs for the quilts was subpar. The hanging of the quilts was not professional- all the fold creases and such were visible and not well done. The downstairs had some special exhibits that were well done, like the Egyptian tentmakers quilts, the Nine Patch from the quilt museum wonderfully hung and lit in a very nice room. 
    My favorite was Frond Fabric and I will show what I bought on another blog post. The women were so super and passionate about their fabric.
    The architecture from downstairs looking up was really super and I think a quilt could be made from this photo.



I was wondering if I could do something like this
with denim and hand dyed lines.
I don't know how this was sewn.
Like the medallion idea, I have a center of one
and this gives me ideas.
This is the quilt I wish I had made. I love everything
about it and in it.
Close Up of what I love


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the last quilt too. It has a lot going on but it remains calm looking. Great choice of colors in it too.

Peg said...

I like them all, but especially the first one that you might try in denims.