Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Winter/windmills sewn together

      The blocks from the Winter/Windmill in the Cultural Fusion book were sewn together. What fun! I do not think I will put on a border. It is lap size. Wish I would have had more of the Marimekko fabric. I want to make another!
     I also finally made my portable design walls. I had to buy a whole 4 x 8 sheet of insulation board- the foil faced, cut it in half in the parking lot in order to fit it in the car. I cut a 3 x 4, 2 x 3, and some small left overs. I still have part of the sheet. I covered it with fleece on the large one, and felt on the smaller. I attached it with clear duct which it difficult to cut and handle. I hope it stays attached. The walls are light, rigid and pins go straight into it. Now I can work on some more denim applique quilts.
4' x 4' with fleece

Back with clear duct tape

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I used duct tape to hold 2 boards back to back (1" that I wanted to be 2") and it is letting loose. My boards weren't the foil covered so maybe yours will stay stuck.

Missy Shay said...

Your quilt is looking great, and what a great idea for design boards.

Sujata Shah said...

Make another one.. Please! This one turned out amazing. I wish you had more fabric too but this gives us a chance to see another one of your quilts and explore more fabric combinations.
I too use duct tape as Wanda mentioned. It works. Also I used micro fiber polar fleece which does not peel and fabric sticks better than any other material - I think!