Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Kit rearranged

    A couple of years ago, Connecting Threads had a huge Black Friday sale. I bought a lot of precuts and one kit that was priced below $10. I asked my mother to sew sets of three strips WOF for me. I have had these sitting around. 
   The Cozy Quilt pattern was included. Finally, I cut the strip sets and put it on the design wall. Hated it. I did not like the random arrangement which is why I also hate Yellow Brick Road- never made that again. I rearranged the blocks and was much happier. The border fabric included was so similar to the block fabric, that it disappeared. So, I added two accent borders, turquoise and light green, in between. I think it gives some interest and sparkle. Now it needs backing and quilting.

This was the kit picture with leaf appliques
My arrangement sewn together
Thin borders between provided fabric borders

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

It's always nice to put your own personal touch when making a kit quilt. Sorry to hear that you don't like the Yellow Brick Road pattern. YRB was my "go to" pattern for many years. Although, I had to pay careful attention when cutting. It was SO easy to make a mistake!