And then he informed me he wanted a unique cover, not like this. He thought I could do something "creative" with it. It sat in my project corner until this week. Then I remembered it. I know batiks are strong fabric and I could do made fabric pieces, but I had to be careful that it does not read cutesy or forced. He plays in a band out sometimes.
I pulled out my boxes of green and blue batiks. I thought I could do one side in mostly blues and morph into greens over the top and down the back. The vinyl is plenty stiff, so I am not going to add batting. So, I made a huge mess of my studio and kept sewing and slicing.
|Narrow side 1|
|Using the Singer 15 attempting to sew down|
|First sewn down side|
The other issue I have to figure out is the Fender logo. It is screen printed on the vinyl, but to cut the fabric around it looks tacky, ruins the design of the fabric. If I cut the vinyl apart to put the logo on top, I compromise the structure of the cover. I traced the logo on steam a seam, and am going to try to cut out white fused fabric and zig zag it on with black thread. Oh my, can't wait for that, yikes.