Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine Cards

     In preparation for Valentine's Day, I made about 30 cards. Half of them were little quilt hangings. When I got them all in envelopes, I realized I did not photo them. They were 4" crumb hearts sewing into a square. I learned that I never want to make crumb hearts again. 
     Then, I did a paper piecing card (pattern free from Carol Doak's site) which looks very nice. I finished the edges with the 401 fancy stitches, otherwise all the sewing was on the 301. I had some blank cards with windows that I used for these. I was not making more little quilts to turn inside out and add a ribbon. I hope they brighten the day for the people I sent them to. I mailed about 30.

Card when closed



3 comments:

Terri said...

Love your card. Wished I had seen the other hearts you made, but I know how anxious things can get on a deadline.
Where do you get your cards with windows? I love to paper piece, and make cards. I've made my own windows, but they are never as nice.
Hugs

Connie said...

I absolutely love meeting new blogging quilters. I enjoy seeing what you are doing creatively and I love seeing the space where you create. I am your newest follower and I hope that you will visit my blog and follow me back.
Have a happy day.
Connie :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

I think all the cards made it to their destinations. Need to get working on some more cards. Love to send them.