Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Blue Improv finished

      Well, almost. I just need to handsew the facing on and put on a sleeve. This is going in a Fiber Art show on March 1st. I started this in the Hudson Valley workshop by Rayna Gillman. Had a lot of tears in this because I could not catch on to how to do this. At home, I put it together. I put it away and then a couple of days ago, quilted it on my lovely Singer 301. I added a facing instead of binding. Good thing I had put my tutorial on my blog so I could go back and look at how to do it again.
      I need to block it or something because it is pretty wavy now. It is 35" x 36".
 I used Isacord variegated thread- blue to light blue
Detail of quilting
Detail of quilting
Quilting on back, facing yet to be sewn down
Detail of quilting

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your piece came out good even if you had a lot of unsettled times making it. I steam press all of my wallhangings when they are done. It evens out the puffiness and controls most of the wobbles.

Jan said...

I really really like this. I'd like to learn this method. Very cool.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The method is not hard, just real slow on the design wall. I made lots of units and then put them on the wall and kept rearranging. I had to figure out to unify them which was very hard. The dark blue batiks helped.