Saturday, December 27, 2014

Surprise presents!

   This year, I received two surprise gifts. One was from quilter that i correspond with online whom I have never met, but enjoyed friendship with her. She sent me a pincushion that is just super and practical and fun!
Just Adorable!!!!
     The second present, a total shock, even though he supports my sewing machine, um, habit, was totally unbelievable by my husband. He pulled this off with no help or hint. He had bought me a Martelli mat that I had to wait for till Christmas, but this was not in a Martelli mat box!
This is not yet polished or serviced. I did it this afternoon, but did not photo it yet. After fixing others, I have my own!!
Pretty amazing shape!!!


6 comments:

Dre in PA said...

How wonderful that he pays that much attention to your hobby that this would cross his mind, let alone that it looks like a pretty good machine.Congratulations on your new addition.

Vicki W said...

Clearly you were a very good girl this year!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The machine and case have that glorious sewing machine parts oil smell. Everything was in tip top shape, just really dry in moving parts and gears. The only thing I need is a needle plate with markings and I cannot believe they are over $50 on ebay!

Jan said...

Wow, fabulous! I didn't know you didn't have one. Happy New Year, Linda!

Peg said...

What a pretty little Featherweight! And a very thoughtful hubby! And too cute pin cushion.

You could always "borrow" the graduated needle plate from a 301 when you want to use it on your 221. Or- just saw this auction on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graduated-Needle-Plate-for-221-Singer-Featherweight-Machine-/311230786361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4876cceb39

Dre in PA said...

Get the stickers from Sew-Classic!!