Saturday, December 6, 2014

Retreat Time!

     Hard to believe it is already a week since the Camp Pioneer Retreat! The Camp sits on the edge of Lake Erie. I had some nasty cold virus then until about yesterday, so I am really behind. The entire weekend I spent on paper piecing Sea Urchin by Judy Niedermeyer. I did not make fast progress. It is really time consuming. I still love the fabric, so that is good. I only got the arcs for the biggest circles done minus four. The trusty, robust SInger 301 blew through it all with abandon. I bought one of those teeny irons so I could press right in front of me and trim. It is a nice hot iron and I don't use the steam.
The view from the sewing room window
It only looks like chaos. Can you spot the 301 to the left?
More hours of work than you would think


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Paper piecing takes so much time but is fun once you get started on it.

Terri said...

I love paper piecing. Can you imagine making these units without? Crazy!
The view is amazing - how do you get any sewing done with that view?
Hugs

Elizabeth said...

WOW. I love it! Must have been some fun. Does it happen every year?