Monday, May 5, 2014

Some finished progress

    I just love to create quilts. I have a lot of them going. People look at my accumulated starts a little amused. But I do finish quilts. I just get excited and start new ones. If I did not have the passion, I could not finish quilts. 
    The kids disappearing 9 patch is all quilted and bound. For the binding, I used leftover binding strips pieced together. I had been saving them in a basket and this quilt seemed like it could use scrappy binding. It was great to use these leftovers to create something new. The backing is flannel someone gave me for tuning her machine.
Final

Backing and binding, quilting visible

Quilting with Singer 301

    The animal skin jelly roll strips from Liz, along with white on white strips from her, are making two lap size comfort quilts. It is a pattern from Liz where one set of strips is cut in half the long way and alternated with full strips. Then they are sewn into a tube and cut into triangles that open into a square. The first one used borders from scrap backing strips someone gave me and leftover black and white strips from a black and white quilt I made (still not quilted). The second quilt has yet to be sewn together.
Only one border

Second Black and White scrappy border

No comments: