Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sample blocks, trying on for size

     I have been collecting scraps from generous people and cutting them into either WOF (width of fabric) or smaller size scraps, 2 1/2, 3, 4, 5 and 6" squares. I love the 5" size, called charm square, so I have been searching for easy patterns to make for the comfort quilts. I love the disappearing nine patch. I made one kids print one, but the other prints made it busy, so I am trying a black and white plus kids print one. Unfortunately, I did not read the ebay listing correctly and bought 4" black and whites and have to cut new 4" blocks for the kids prints. So I will also need more blocks. Grrr.
 
Just needs binding
Closeup of FMQ

Two sample blocks of Disappearing nine patch, kids prints center,
black and white borders, 4" squares.
     Other samples I have tried are from dontcallmebetsy tutorials. I sewed the sweet girlie quilt and double flip HST blocks to try out using 5" squares. I like both of them so I need to buy some plain white for these. 


Sweet Girlie

Double Fip HST blocks, two arrangements


No comments: