Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New treasure- parlor cabinet treadle!

    After many years of looking to find a treadle like Grandma's, I found one on Craiglist even though it was almost a 2 hour ride. The cabinet is spectacular, and the machine sews like a dream. I have to clean it yet, so these are the before pictures. I ordered some parts to improve it also- some feet, a marked throat plate, new belt and more Tri-flow oil! It is so awesome to sew on this machine.
The lighting is not great as it has been very gray for days and I don't want to wait any longer to post this.

Doors open to access treadle, but I am 5'8" and it is a little tight

Side door opens to view treadle wheel

A Singer 15

I know the whole bobbin winder needs cleaning

I can't believe the gorgeous metal work. If it wasn't so big, it could be jewelry.


Back of machine


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That truly is a beauty. I rather wish I had room for a parlor cabinet like that one.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never seen a cabinet like that before that hides the treadle part.

Phyllis in Iowa said...

Lovely drawing room cabinet. Two of mine were gifts from a friend. The oak one contained a Singer 115 and the walnut with the lift had a Singer 15.